Hey Guys! Thought I’d share my go-to overnight oats recipe as I find them super handy for on the go, especially when I’ve an early gym session planned and no time to make breakfast. They’re also ideal to take on the go for later, as they don’t need to be heated. I’m a sucker for warm porridge oats and could eat them year ’round, but try to change it up in the summer with this cold version as I find them that bit more appealing in the warmer summer months. I also try to change things up every now and then with different toppings and protein flavours, some of which I’ve mentioned below. Have a go and don’t be afraid to give it a thumbs up! 🙂
Full disclosure: They do NOT usually look this pretty… think Tupperware and plastic spoons!
- 1/4 OR 1/2 Cup Oats
- 1 Scoop Whey Protein – I use Chocolate Brownie Flavour from MyProtein Check it out here (other flavours I’d recommend are Cinnamon Danish and Salted Caramel 😛 )
- 3 Tbsp 0% Greek Yogurt – FAGE / Glenisk etc.
- 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup Coconut / Almond Milk (I use Alpro Coconut Milk – not canned stuff!)
- Toppings – I usually opt for some berries and drizzle of cashew or almond butter!
- Other toppings could include: Nut Butters / Raspberries / Blueberries / Flaked Almonds / Sliced banana / Honey / Dark Chocolate Shavings / Seeds / etc.
Get as adventurous as you like here, but just be mindful as this is often where the hidden cals can start to add up!
- Mix oats, coconut milk, whey protein, yogurt and 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- Place in fridge overnight.
- Top with your favourite toppings in the morning before running out the door! (I sometimes add another dollop of Greek Yogurt here before toppings.)